All I can suggest is to look at how freemarker support was implemented and to follow a similar approach. Like I said it is not a simple task and if I were you I would spend some time considering why freemarker doesn't meet your templating needs (personally I think freemarker is more powerful).

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com