Yes,

the idea is that if you set it to, let's say 100, (together with minimumOrderQuantity set to 100) then this means that the supplier will sell you the product in case packs of 100 units. Unfortunately the orderQtyIncrements is not yet used, but it should be an easy to do enhancement (in the shopping cart object).

Jacopo