Hi Bob:
Yes, I forgot. Its been a while since I've done any hardcore development. I also write as much of what I can in the Bean Shell (I haven't converted to Groovy yet. :-( Once I get things working, I convert to Java. That does save lots of time :-)
Ruth
Bob Morley wrote:
We typically execute Ofbiz from Eclipse and some people have reported that
the hot-swapping works fairly well.  (Usually we do not run an ant build
until right before check-in and then just to ensure we are compiling and
avoiding classpath issues).

The approach I often take is to write my unit test in conjunction with the
service implementation I am working on.  I have added some mocking
capabilities in our Ofbiz installation, so I can avoid starting up the
container at all and still exercise all of the logic in the service method. Result is usually a sub-second unit test. Naturally an integration test
would require container start-up and a reasonably heavy penalty.

Another approach others have used is to write the service method in groovy
and once working convert this into java.  From memory there is really only a
single sample of a groovy implemented service, and when I went to do there
there was at least one bug I had to resolve.  But this is a feasible way and
the groovy is quite a bit like java.  :)

- Bob

Ruth Hoffman-2 wrote:
Hi Chris:
I guess I'm just use to the inconvenience. :-( The other thing I do to try and minimize restart time is to comment out the components I might not be using.
Ruth