There is already a lot in place: every inventory event is stored in the InventoryItem/InventoryItemDetail entities... there you will see purchase order receipts, manufacturing orders in/out movements, inventory adjustments, sales order shipments etc...

Jacopo

On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Michael Alleblas wrote:

Thanks, I will hopefully get better acquainted with OFBiz structure then give it a crack. Be good to see it become a more mature product for advanced manufacturing capabilities as it seems (while exceptionally good and I am hopefully implementing it it for such purposes for two friends) more oriented towards eCommerce currently.

Mikey

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
This looks like more than a simple Jira issue with a patch. I'd recommend to use Jira to create a main task with subtasks to organise your project and submit patches in each subtasks
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

Jacques

From: "Michael Alleblas" <mi...@mookins.com>
Hey guys,
I am trying to apply OFBiz for my compay's use and I need high level traceability. I need to be able to track material by our own custom identifier along with manufacturer identifiers (more than one per pipe possible). I need to trace every product made with each piece of material to ensure we know what each product was made of (as each item in the inventory has it's own chemical analysis). Are there any pointers on how I would achieve this and I am happy to do some custom programming if need be.

Mikey