That was manual test. I have tested it with my data.

--
Thanks And Regards
Sumit Pandit

On 12-Sep-09, at 7:46 PM, snowc wrote:

Hi Sumit, are the tests you have done manual tests, or automated (i.e. ant
test)?

Many thanks,

Chris

Sumit Pandit-3 wrote:

Hi Chris,

Please find comments inline -

On 12-Sep-09, at 6:06 PM, snowc wrote:

So the child (of the GROUP_ROLLUP relationship) transactions are
included in
the parent's transactions?

Yes you are right.

Does this require the parent and child organisations to have the same
accounts and same account periods for transactions to be rolled up?

Though till now I have tested it with same time periods only. And it
is working fine there. You can verify it by doing testing on different
reports generated in accounting's report section.
As per different time periods concerned, though this is good point but
I would guess that; currently this case is not handled in OOTB. At
least for balance sheet. But It should work for other reports where
user gave the from/thru date. They would be independent of time period.

I am adding this in my TODO list, I will provide this feature soon.

Sumit Pandit

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Sumit Pandit-3 wrote:

Hello Chris,

GROUP_ROLLUP is used to defined a parent child relationship between
parties.
In Accounting this is used to provide following feature - Accounts of Child organization should reflect in accounts of Parent organization.
To facilitate relationship of Parent and Child they are defined by
roleTypeId GROUP_ROLLUP.
Is it answer of your question ?

--
Thanks And Regards