Jacques

From: "ngterry" <terence...@gmail.com>

I guess in "PortName", you have to fill in/replace by something like "usb",
"com1", etc.

Terence

Beat Luginbühl wrote:

G'day list members
Not quite sure if this is the right place, but here we go.
I have an Epson TM-T88IV USB receipt printer connected to a machine
running on Ubuntu Linux.
When trying to connect to the printer, I get the following exception:

The port name is illegal. or couldn't be connected to the device.

The exception also appers in Epsons CheckHealthTest. I have a running
kernel module 'usbtm', several /dev/usb/usbtm* devices and a jpos.xml,
where the port is registered like this:

<prop name="PortName" type="String" value="TM-T88IV"/>

I have tried all(?) of the available Options in SetupPOS, none of them
did the trick.
When uninstalling the driver, Epson's shell script asks me to
disconnect the device and waits until I have done so. So, I guess,
that the printer is actually seen by the driver, but I cannot connect
and print to it.

Any hints? Thank you in Advance
Beat Luginbühl