Neha,

Here is a configuration we use to do load balancing in ofbiz.  Others may do
something else.

1. One machine is running an Apache Web server with mod_jk setup to
communicate with different instances of ofbiz.  The mod_jk is setup to load
balance between the different ofbiz instances.  Here is a document that
helps you get setup:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html

2. Then we start multiple boxes running ofbiz server - all pointing to the
same database.  The servers are setup to communicate using mod_jk's AJP
protocol.   You need to set the "jvm-route" in the
framework/base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml file to insure the load balancer
maintains sessions between requests.  Here is a snippet of that
configuration file.

<container name="catalina-container"
class="org.ofbiz.catalina.container.CatalinaContainer">
<!-- static configuration for tomcat -->
<property name="delegator-name" value="default"/>
<property name="use-naming" value="false"/>
<property name="debug" value="0"/>
<property name="catalina-runtime-home" value="runtime/catalina"/>
<property name="apps-context-reloadable" value="false"/>
<property name="apps-cross-context" value="false"/>
<property name="apps-distributable" value="false"/>
<!-- one or more tomcat engines (servers); map to this + host -->
<property name="default-server" value="engine">
<property name="default-host" value="0.0.0.0"/>
*<property name="jvm-route" value="jvm1"/>*
<property name="access-log-pattern">

3. One large box is running our database server.

We've been please with how well the Apache load balancing module works with
ofbiz.

Brett