Use a display field.

-Adrian

su2 wrote:
I followed your suggestion and in screen I have following code.

 <actions>
    <set field="fromDate" from-field"parameters.fromDate"/>
    <set field="thruDate" from-field"parameters.thruDate"/>
 </actions>

Now I want to print the user selected fromDate and thruDate in my Form.

Thank you.
Su-

Adrian Crum wrote:
You need to include some code. I can't answer if I don't know what you're doing.

-Adrian

su2 wrote:
Hi Adrian,

How can I access fromDate and thruDate in Form xml? I tried using
fromDate
but did not work.

Thanks for your help.
Su-

Adrian Crum wrote:
In the screen xml:

<actions>
   <set field="fromDate" from-field"parameters.fromDate"/>
   <set field="thruDate" from-field"parameters.thruDate"/>
</actions>

In the form xml:

<actions>
   <!-- Do something with fromDate and thruDate -->
</actions>

-Adrian

su2 wrote:
Sorry, I was not able to understand - keep the information in the
context.
Can you please explain in detail.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Su-

Adrian Crum wrote:
Why not keep that information in the context? Trying to access session information in the presentation layer breaks the MVC boundaries.

-Adrian

su2 wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I have a screen which has bsh file in <actions> and FormWidget in
<widgets>
tag. I am capturing fromDate and thruDate in Session in .bsh file.

Now from FormWidget I am calling Java Methods for the data
manipulation.
For
the data manipulation I need to have access to fromDate and thruDate
selected by the user.

So here in Java method I am trying to access session variables.

I hope it helps in understanding my scenario.

Thank you.
Su-

Adrian Crum wrote:
You haven't provided enough information. Where in the program flow
is the Java method? What are you trying to retrieve? What are you
trying
to achieve?

-Adrian

su2 wrote:
Hello Friends,

I was trying to retrieve the session value using following code in
Java
Method. But it gives me error -"session" can not be resolved.

String fromDate = session.getAttribute("fromDate");

Am I missing something?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Su-