If I authorise an order and then instead of shipping (capture), if I did
want to cancel the the order, I can do it using the "Cancel Order" button,
but then I guess there should be a Service Type configuration for Cancel
Server under Stores -> Payments, which will send a CANCEL request to the
PaymentGateway.

I know that if we don't cancel the payment it itself gets cancelled by a
specific time as per card schemes, but may be the cancel service will be of
help if we need to cancel the payment before the it expires automatically.

Any thoughts ?