Hi,

I am using Postgres database with my ofbiz installation on linux. Recently i
started getting database problems with ofbiz.

Firstly, i see that more than a few database connections are made by ofbiz.
Earlier, there were 3 - 4 running processes showing the database connection,
but now i have more than 20 connections from ofbiz to the postsgres
database. Most of the connections are in idle state, but they occupy a lot
of memory and have terribly slowed ofbiz.

Secondly, the database size is increasing much faster than the actual data.
For eg. when i export the data as  SQL file, the file size is 800 MB,
however the database folder, folder that contains the files for the
database, is more than 25 GB.

I am quiet at a loss regarding the problem. Is there a problem with ofbiz or
is it the problem with the database.

I will appreciate if someone, can throw some more light on it.

Thanks

Rohit