Hi Tim,

Are you referring to the use of patches to manage the environments?

Many thanks,

Chris

Tim Ruppert wrote:
In theory, that's the way we manage multiple environments as well.  In practice
it's slightly different.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Dec 11, 2009, at 3:19 PM, Christopher Snow wrote:

With grails each environment has its own configuration.  As as example, see
http://www.grails.org/Quick+Start and the section "Configure a Data Source
(Optional)"

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Yes, they could be convenient covers of the port offset parameter (dev=18443,
prod=28443, run=38443) that's what I use here. Of course there are much
possible combinations.

Jacques

From: "Christopher Snow" <sno...@snowconsulting.co.uk>
I like the grails approach of having multiple versions of configuration
elements.  The configuration to use is specified when you run grails, e.g.

grails dev run-app
grails prod run-app
grails test run-app

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Snow - CEng MBCS CITP MBA (Tech Mgmt) (Open) CISSP

Tel: 01453 890660
Mob: 07944 880950
Www: www.snowconsulting.co.uk