Hi Ruth,

A good place for these kind of requests is http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/New+Features+Roadmap+-+Living+Document For instance I was just dreaming about quicker and prettier lookups, and Sascha did it https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3374

Jacques

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Hi Scott:
Actually, now that I reflect, maybe I had just wished that this had been addressed a long time ago and I gave up thinking about it. Either way, it would be nice to change this so that something useful (like a welcome screen) is displayed when you typed in http://localhost:8080. Sort-of like Apache or Tomcat or just about every other web based application I've ever used.

Regards,
Ruth

Ruth Hoffman wrote:
Hi Scott:
In days gone by you could install OFBiz and type in: http://localhost:8080 and see the ecommerce landing web page. I'm probably way wrong about the timing - it may have been long before the move to the special purpose directory.

Regards,
Ruth