From: Ruth Hoffman [mailto:rhoff...@aesolves.com]
Sent: 08 Januari 2010 5:46
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: marketing manager application

Hi Heidi:
It appears as though DataSource(s) are not used in the OOTB Marketing
Application functions - at least not in recent 9.04 versions.

But, here's a little trick I learned about the OFBiz community and this
mailing list in particular: if you say something is so with conviction,
for example: "DataSources are not used by the Marketing Application so
just ignore them", then someone is sure to fire back and prove you
wrong....Hopefully, whoever put together the Marketing Application will
prove me wrong and tell us all how "DataSources" are used :-)

Given that: A use for "DataSource(s)" is to identify the location or
source of something - like a sales lead. For example, in the SFA Manager
Application leads may be associated with a source (or where they came
from) such as a marketing campaign, a phone call or email. To see this,
create a new lead and scroll down to the bottom of the page to reveal
the "Lead Source" drop-down menu. DataSource(s) appear in this drop-down
menu. Perhaps you create a new lead source using the Marketing
Application and then have it show up for inclusion in the SFA Manager
Application drop-down menu? Just a guess.

Hope that helps.
Ruth
Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"
ruth.hoff...@myofbiz.com