On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Olivier Tremblay
<oliviertrembla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been asked to look into the issue of complex tax laws for other places
> in the world than home. Apparently, OFBiz takes into account complex taxes.
> If I understand well, I can set up multiple taxes, like here in Quebec, we
> have a provincial tax, and a federal tax on the cumulated amount of the
> retail price and the provincial tax.
>
> Then, on another level completely, there are complex tax laws, like, say,
> Brazil, which taxes may or may not depend on municipalities, union, states,
> and other complexities.

      You do not have to go that far; in the US taxes may vary from
county to county, whether you are within the city limits or not, the
kind of item, or even the time of the year. Each "contributor" to the
tax can change its contribution whenever they feel like ("we need to
buy a hotel downtown to house homeless cats!").

> Is it possible to apply complex tax conditions in OFBiz? Say you have a tax
> on services which is based on a municipality, would it be possible to filter
> taxes based on that?
>
> Thanks all!

      Well, if it can go through the US mess, it should work with Brazil's. ;)