Are nightly builds actually used?

Anyone who already does ofbiz development would want to use svn? Anyone new to ofbiz would only want ofbiz-rel9.04-current.zip or ofbiz-trunk-current.zip?

Just curious...

Tim Ruppert wrote:
Ruth, I'm sure there's some good that could come out of your message - so
against my general nature of responding to this type of attitude, I'm going to
try and help you phrase this in a way that will help us help infra to try to
meet what you're looking for.  Here's what I see when I go to the site(s):

http://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/snapshots/ - not downloading and testing
anything - just looking at what I see:

1. The nightly trunk seems to be updated daily.
2. The 9.04 builds seem to, for some reason not be being updated on this page.
3. There aren't many 4.0 releases being built.

Then I go to here - http://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/archive/snapshots/ -
and I see a slightly different picture:

1. The trunk builds aren't really archives they're simply another copy after it was moved over. -- The archives are there though from when HotWax was managing it.
2. The 9.04 builds seem to really be the ones that we'd want on that first page.

Now, since I know that this release and the downloads are super important to
you, I'm really more interested in hearing you:

1. Lay out the way you'd like to see these pages work.
2. Even show some examples of other projects that you _do_ like

I hope this helps Ruth - as Adrian and Jacopo mentioned, what you've sent here
is just a whine, not a helpful way for anyone to improve.  Put in the time and
help us to make it more like you like and I'm sure you'll be more pleased with
the result.  Btw, all of those other options are not the same type of community
driven projects as the ASF, so it's hard to manage the same way.  When
commercial interests are more intertwined with the project, there are
definitely benefits (as well as drawbacks), so let's at least acknowledge those.

Cheers,
Ruppert