Hi David,
1) A PortalPage widget would be useful in order to easily add
user-customizable areas in every screen
2) We need a way to have components to extend the UI of the components they
depend on. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3373
3) A collapsible left column (containing a PortalPage widget) would allow to
have more information on the screen
4) Generally more consistency. All the screens of all applications should be
more similar in the layout

-Bruno