Neha,

I posted this message a few months ago about some profiling probes we wrote
to measure method times.  They work pretty well and allow you specify what
you want to profile (e.g. com.mycode.* or org.ofbiz.entity, etc).

I've been meaning to contribute these tools back with instructions on how to
use them.  I'll open a JIRA issue when I can get this complete.

Brett

/*****************************************/

We have been experimenting with the TPTP tools from eclipse to find
performance bottlenecks.  The tool let's you create your own custom probes
that can be inserted at run time into your deployed application.  The nice
thing about these custom probes are they don't create a large footprint like
so many other profiling tools.

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

Here are some other links you may find helpful:

Brett

Articles on Eclipse Test and Performance Tools Platform

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseTPTP/article.html

http://docs.hp.com/en/JAVAPERFTUNE/

Good article for WebSphere/ZOS with Sample probe code
- http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247177.html?Open

http://www.ddj.com/article/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=184406433&dept_url=/java/

http://docs.hp.com/en/JAVAPERFTUNE/bytecode.pdf