DynamicViewEntity does the joins. Search through the code for  examples,i'll be
able to send you one tomorrow as it is night here :)

----- Reply message -----
From: "Michal Cukierman" <duc...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 3, 2010 00:32
Subject: Question regarding Catalog management in Ofbiz
To: <user@ofbiz.apache.org>

Thank you for your advices. I will save days of wark thanks to you.

@TECDOC:
Is a great software, just what I wanted to have. The pricelist is good as
well. Exposed web serwise or standalone DVD catalogue is all I need. I will
investigate this solution in a days. What is very important for my at the
moment is USA market support (I have seen some supliers so far). The another
thing to investigate is the licence. Is it legal to use it in exposed web
applications?

@Regarding top categories:
I have implemented SQL function for doing the magic, it's quite simple join
(as expected to be). The performance on my huge database is excelent (just
in time, after first run results are cached).
            SELECT D.PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID FROM PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ROLLUP P
RIGHT JOIN
            PRODUCT_CATEGORY D ON P.PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID and
D.PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID
            WHERE PARENT_PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID is null;

I am now learning the OFbiz database API to implement the solution above. I
have not found an API to create RIGHT/LEFT joins so far.
EntityListIterator is a good solution but implementation of SQL statement
above would be even better in my opinion.  Anyway in case of problem I have
a backup in your idea.

Regarads and many thanks,
MichaƂ