I don't know the exact answer.
I do know we have had problems importing UTF8 via webtools since version 4.0. so lets start with what version your are running and any error in the logs you may find that relate to this. then use the appropriate demo server and perform the steps and give a link to the pages you work with.
this will give us clearer picture to help you.

note the demo server get rebuilt nightly so any thing you do will be lost if you do it close to that time and before one of us can look at it.
thanks

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro>

V.S. sent the following on 6/14/2010 7:55 AM:

Why after trunk update 2010-06-03 i can't input any UTF8 text in any form
field? Only Latin characters display correctly after input. Any other (for
example russian) characters stores in DB and displays wrong.