We are running into a problem with the service engine when trying to run an
archiving batch service.  Here is how the service runs.

1. We run a service that collects a bunch of records for data warehousing.

2. The data warehouse service calls an async service call to process each
individual record.

3. The service engine them starts working on each individual record.

We like the above process because it allows us to multi-process the large
batch job.

Here is the problem:

There are over 10K records that are submitted as async service calls in step
2 above.  I'm seeing a transaction time out when the service engine tries to
process all of these records as it calls an "UPDATE JOB_SANDBOX for
job_id=XXX".  I believe it is trying to update all 10k of these jobs
individually in a single transaction and times out.  The jobs are then left
in a pending status and never changed but the service engine keeps timing
out.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to increase the transaction time out for the service
engine to update these jobs in the JobSandbox so the service engine threads
can then process them?

or

2.  Is there another way to break these jobs up so the service engine
doesn't have to process 10k jobs in a single transaction.

Note: the above process works very well when the number of records to
process are around 1K.

Brett