each state is required to have a database of taxes for the wireless industry. The Washington State legislature adopted the Mobile Telecommunication Sourcing Act (the Act), chapter 67, laws of 2002. The Act implements federal legislation that establishes uniform rules for determining the place of sale of mobile telecommunication services (wireless telephone service).
so they provide a GIS database.
http://dor.wa.gov/content/FindTaxesAndRates/wiredownload.aspx
I expect other states will provide the same soon.
http://www.nga.org/cda/files/001129WIRELESS.pdf
ofbiz is capable of storing this info as it is laid out.
it is good down to zip+4

the only thing left is to find all the URL for downloads and make the appropriate import datafile for them.

following the zipsales example of pulling in the data.
in my case i already had a tax base that I implemented in ofbiz as a SAS.
the ofbiz service follows more the taxware way to communicate with my SAS server.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Mike Z sent the following on 7/7/2010 7:30 AM:
I came across this news article this morning, and I immediately
thought of my previous question were I asked about the "TaxWare"
status of ofbiz.  It was also noteworthy (to me) that only BJ
responded to my inquiry.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20009603-38.html

So:  Is ofbiz ready for the inevitable?  Eventually, we'll be required
to collect sales tax (and report) on a nation-wide basis for all
ecommercce transactions.  How will this possibly work?