This looks like more of a separate repository than a branch of OFBiz.

First off, the term "branch" just doesn't apply. A branch of a source
repository is effectively a copy of the repo that can be changed separately and
is meant to eventually be merged back into the trunk. If a branch is not meant
to be merged back into the trunk, it is a fork.

What you're describing isn't even a fork as it doesn't sound like it would be a
copy of OFBiz that is changed separately, but rather a repository for add-on
modules.

Also, it sounds like it would best be done outside of the ASF, especially if
you don't want a vote where PMC votes are binding... that's all there is at the
ASF.

For those interested, why not just create a sourceforge or google code project
and share commit access with others who are interested? There is nothing that
says OFBiz add-on modules have to be part of the project, or that people can't
create separate projects to do such things. If various people want to work
together to do so, from the community spirit perspective... all the better!

-David