Give each instance it's own instanceId in general.properties and everything
should be fine.  The JobManager periodically polls looking for jobs that aren't
assigned, queued or cancelled and then assigns them to its instance using the
instanceId and queues them.

It would probably take me as long to explain fully as it would for you to just
go to the JobManager.poll() method and have a look at it :-)

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com