From: "David E Jones" <d...@me.com>
That is an interesting argument, but complicated to solve. You should be able
to disable the manufacturing manager app without
affecting other apps. You should even be able to get rid of the services, if no
other component is calling them (I don't know
about that).

Not quite sure about that too, but there is clearly a (maybe indirectly from
workeffort through ROU_TASK) dependence from this demo
data DemoConfigurator.xml, hence from any AGGREGATED Product. I don't say it's
bad, only that it exists.

Jacques

Getting rid of the data model is more difficult as there is more chance of
dependency, and you'll have a nice graph of foreign keys
to deal with.

In a way it would be nice to remove any part of the data model and have things
"gracefully degrade", but that would require a lot
of work, and a lot more clear definition of how entities are grouped, and
possibly the need to change how entities are grouped
based on sets of entities most commonly used in different circumstances.
Anyway, there are lots of things people would like to
remove. Sometimes it's accounting, sometimes not just manufacturing but also
all types of WorkEffort (projects, tasks, etc), or
perhaps they only want to use warehouse and shipping management and they don't
want to track orders or anything. You could
probably come up with thousands of subsets of the entities that would make good
sense to use separately from the rest.

-David