it is extreme I know, but let me tell you a real story.
we manufactured a Pilot for boats.
all over the equipment we have tags that states it requires a constant attention of a human when in use. the Pilot is so accurate you can set it, miles, out in the sea and it would get you were you want. Many single fisherman would set the pilot and a alarm clock and wake enough time to navigate the ship the last few mile or so into harbor. Well one such person did this but did not wake up and his ship ran into the marina, damaging a lot of vessels. His lawyer saw a chance to go after a large source of money and sued us, under product liability that it did not stop the fisherman from using it that way. He lost but it took time and money to defend. Way more than what we sold the pilot to him for.

So the lawyer's advice, who has been our legal adviser for decades, was I would have to have so much liability insurance against such possibilities.
It was more than I felt I would make on a yearly basis for that feature.

Scott Gray sent the following on 7/28/2010 2:37 PM:
Haha, you've gotta be making that up.

Regards
Scott