After a huge research on that topic I found very useful information about
it, but still having doubts about what will be the effect if I try to change
the GlAccountClass hierarchy.

This topic (http://osdir.com/ml/user.ofbiz.apache.org/2009-07/msg00484.html)
 describes
very well the difference between them so in short my conclusions are:

GlAccountType:  It is used to map GlAccounts for automatic posts purposes on
the GL.
GlAccountClass: It is basically used for reporting purposes.

(Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong)

I've spent few hours reviewing the code seeking for the impact of doing
this. I believe that other companies/projects based in Ofbiz have had to do
it in some way in order to adapt it to their corresponding accountancy
models. I really appreciate if someone can share a similar experience about
this task.

On the other hand, I think GlAccountType is harder to redefine. The reason
that makes me think so is because needs recheck every service where an
automatic post is involved and in some cases changing the whole
implementation. BTW I believe (not sure at all) it's reusable using the OOTB
values, at least in my case.

TIA

*
*