that is a question best asked in the Mysql Forum for fastest response.
it has to-do with setting up Mysql not ofbiz.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

OfBizSuds sent the following on 8/26/2010 1:20 AM:

I am trying to get ofbiz to work with MySQL DB instead of the default Derby
db. Tried following instructions given in the Production setup&  that in the
llnk
http://www.flagword.net/2010/06/29/how-to-migrate-ofbiz-from-derby-to-mysql-db/

Has anyone tried this?

I exported the data to XML thru webtools. Then created a Mysql db called
ofbiz&  one more called ofbizolap as per instructins given. I can see the 2
databases created also in mySQL (thru Netbeans IDE)

When I try the line
grant all privileges on ofbiz.* to 'ofbiz'@'localhost' identified by
password 'ofbiz';
OR
grant all privileges on ofbizolap.* to 'ofbiz'@'localhost' identified by
password 'ofbizolap';

I get the error "Password hash should be a 41-digit hexadecimal number"

Any ideas how to fix this??