Hi Chris:

I suppose it all depends on what you mean by "dying".

In the circles I run in - which for sure does not include the PMC - I have seen nothing but activity pick up as far as new adopters are concerned.

Perhaps the project could see fit to adding a download counter on the 9.04 stable release download link. That would give a nice indication of how many new users are at least wanting to try things out.

IMHO, commits falling off could also be an indication of project stability and not imminent demise :-)

Regards,
Ruth