#1 I agree however that is not the focus of ofbiz.
it is to show how the entity and service engine works.
I like the design behind how the data is generated for UI but I agrees that customization is needed for being more intuitive and needing less click.
a lot more look up would solve most of that.

#2 will only happen if users, get serious about testing ofbiz and creating Jiras on bugs with patches.

#3 Ofbiz is meant as a Jumping off point, and as has been said, feature are based on paid supported jobs that allow the work to be fed back to the svn. Lately (last few years) that has not been the case.
This mean more community involvement on fleshing out the features.

#4 not sure if you asking by screen adding of JS scripts, if so it can be done in the widgets.

#5 working on it but not this year. hopefully but middle of next year.

#6  It seems each contributor has their Idea about what it should be.
till all contributors follow best practices this will not happen.

#7 if it is a priority, then you can create one on your own. the biggest stumbling block is getting the community to agree what the framework is. The second stumbling block is the effort to get it done.

#8 I there are somethings that need a restart. I believe if you have cache enabled you can clear it and have services reload, if they are minilanq. one of the advantage of minilang. Now if you mean service definitions i am not sure but those should not change that much.

#9 since most are in UI labels it just takes someone to go through and do that.

james_sg sent the following on 9/26/2010 7:43 PM:

hi BJ,

1. Lesser mouse clicks. Currently I need to click around the pages to add /
modifiy data, because the pages tends to follow the tables design rather
than at business level.

2. Zero bugs.

3. Many missing features even in Order Management, e.g. quote terms,
serialized item handling is not complete, multi-currency etc

4. Screen should be able to inject scripts to the html header, making the
code more modular.

5. The business flow graphing that you have mentioned.

6. Standardizing the screen layout. Some pages, the form is next to the
list, in other pages, clicking on the list goes to the form.

7. Standalone framework

8. Changes to service xml requires restart. This defeats the purpose of
defining it in xml.

9. Standardizing on how "ID" is used. For example, the drop down for quote
type should be labelled as "Quote Type" and not "Quote Type Id", because the
user is seeing the descriptions and not the ID. Another example is user
should be seeing "Quote ID" instead of "Quote Id".

- james

BJ Freeman wrote:

To those that know ofbiz, at a functionality level, what would be your
priority be worked one
This includes something that needs to be added/changed