my understanding of Representational State Transfer (REST) is more like the
specialpurpose\oagis
it is a SOAP protocol not a API

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

alexander.reel...@lusini.com sent the following on 10/12/2010 12:43 AM:
Hello

I am currently looking for possibilities to create a REST api for certain ofbiz
functionalities. Several possibilities popup:

1. Using an own written servlet - doing all the parsing by hand. That is not a
real option is it poses too much work.
2. Taking a look at the axis2 rest capabilities looks as if it is not real
rest, but just something similar - also integrating deeper urls with ofbiz
seems not a simple step after a first look.
3. Taking a look at the wink example - looks quite interesting
4. Splitting the API from ofbiz system (and use something like resteasy or
enunciate) and just do calls using RMI (or HTTP - can anyone enlighten me on
efficiency for both?) - this could also scale  if your api calls get bigger
(and you could offload logic checks and xml parsing to them in order to save
cycles on ofbiz nodes)

any experiences with options 3 or 4 or other ideas?

Thanks for any pointers and help.

Regards, Alexander