Setting Check Inventory=N(Product.requireInventory) means an order can proceed regardless of inventory levels.
Unless you set SupplierProduct.canDropShip=Y Inventory is used.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

pinaki_22 sent the following on 11/9/2010 4:16 AM:

Hi All,

I am doing a load test on ofbiz and for the check out process in the script
I have providing some prodcut id for check out. These products have only one
inventory by default. So to continue the checkout process I heve set the
flag Check Inventory=N in the store.

The checkout process continues and at the end of the test a lot of records
are created in the INVENTORY_ITEM  table. Does this table get populated when
there is no physical inventory in the data base
if yes then how can I increase that? What is the purpose of
INVENTORY_ITEM_DETAIL table. Do records insert into this table when prodcut
has inventory??

As the check out process continues the invocation of the following select
query increases.
SELECT INVENTORY_ITEM_ID, INVENTORY_ITEM_TYPE_ID, PRODUCT_ID, PARTY_ID,
OWNER_PARTY_ID, STATUS_ID, DATETIME_RECEIVED, DATETIME_MANUFACTURED,
EXPIRE_DATE, FACILITY_ID, CONTAINER_ID, LOT_ID, UOM_ID, BIN_NUMBER,
LOCATION_SEQ_ID, COMMENTS, QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL,
AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE_TOTAL, QUANTITY_ON_HAND, AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE,
SERIAL_NUMBER, SOFT_IDENTIFIER, ACTIVATION_NUMBER, ACTIVATION_VALID_THRU,
UNIT_COST, CURRENCY_UOM_ID, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP,
CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP FROM INVENTORY_ITEM WHERE (PRODUCT_ID = ?
AND FACILITY_ID = ?)

As it is a select query and as the record in this table (INVENTORY_ITEM)
increases it is adding to the performance over head.

So Please tell me how I can increase the inventory of a product and utility
of the tables INVENTORY_ITEM and INVENTORY_ITEM_DETAIL .

Thanks..