yes was showing how to associate products but the subsitution in marketing is a customization.
you will have to present the substitution to the customer.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

varun bhansaly sent the following on 2/1/2011 5:38 PM:
Thanks BJ. I tested this by creating a product association of type
"Equivalent or Substitute" for product "Gizmo Basket Assembly Pick".
This does not seem to work OOTB, and may be would require custom
development.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.