David:
I never have intentionally tried to portray myself "to represent the project or portray yourself as a major part of the project." That is why I have the signature on my emails.

I do share as one that is on the mailing list and would be glad that others take up the role.

As far a getting work from Ofbiz, I rather not since it ties my hands for my goals. I have adopted ofbiz as a core that i have modified to meet my business goals. In that regard, that gives me a perspective others do not have or show relative, to end product.

I do provide solutions outside of this mailing list and project. I was doing that long before ofbiz came into existence. my gross income says I know what I am doing.
:D

David E Jones sent the following on 2/22/2011 12:36 AM:

Contributing absolutely does bring attention. What bothers me, and why I
responded about this, is that you answer all sorts of questions very poorly and
often represent yourself as part of the project, and the result is that people
think less of the project for it.

It's great that you participate on the mailing lists, and that you have made a
couple of real code contributions. My suggestion is for your benefit and for
the project is that you put more effort into quality instead of quantity. If
you did that, perhaps you'd be on the list of committers and PMC members.

I hope you do get work based on your contributions here, but please don't try
to represent the project or portray yourself as a major part of the project.
It's not honest, and it's not fair to those who really have made this project
what it is.

-David