IMO you should not directly go and edit the files you want to modify

This link will help you understand the right way of doing things
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/addressing-custom-requirements-in-ofbiz.html

Thanks&  Regards
Atul Vani
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com/
We are the Global Leaders in Apache OFBiz, Google 'ofbiz' and see for yourself.