Yeah, the GitHub guys decided to somewhat redefine the word, but not totally
(ie it's an extension of the fork concept that turns it back into something
like a remote branch). A git fork is still a fork, it's just that git has some
tools that allow you to use the fork somewhat like a remote branch.

What I was saying was in response to what Jacques wrote as much as what you
wrote, and Jacques was asking why you wanted to "fork" OFBiz. Here's one for
the GitHub folks: they're jerks for causing probably thousands of confusing
discussions like this. I guess they hoped it would result in people embracing
the concept of forking, which they are clearly advocates of and think the world
will get better the more forking is done.

Back to my point, what you want to do is create a "vendor branch", and using a
GitHub Fork is one way to do that. It's not a fork, it's a GitHub Fork.

Using a GitHub fork is NOT the best way to create a vendor branch for OFBiz,
because OFBiz does not use GitHub. Apache OFBiz is managed in the ASF SVN
repository. The way to get patches back into OFBiz is not to use GitHub's Pull
Request feature (who knows where that will go and who, if anyone, will see it),
it is to create a patch and submit it in a Jira issue.

-David