>At the moment the tree is sorted by seqnum and categoryId,
>we will change it to segnum, categoryName.

I think the above seems correct.  From what  understand regarding your
recent code modification, you were trying to optimize large categories,
probably by caching the entire category listing in one shot.  Is this
correct?  What is puzzling is why the Demo Google is affected (a separate
catalog), unless the caching is taking place at the browse root level (one
gigantic cache), and not at the individual catalog level (multiple catalog
cache entries).