The Quick Add categories are for something other than what you describe (see
the Business Production Setup Guide).

The best match for what you describe is probably done by setting a quantity on
ProductCategoryMember records (from the category side or the product side).
When you do that links to add that quantity for each item show up, and a link
to add all products with their corresponding quantities for a category.

-David