I have a web application that I need to run on the same server as ofbiz.
The choices I have are either to deploy ofbiz to an external server
(tomcat or geronimo) and deploy my other webapp to the same server,
or deploy the application under ofbiz and get the built-in servlet
container to serve the requests.

I found what I am trying to do is described in this document

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Load+OpenI+%28Mondrian+Implementation%29+under+OFBiz

I deployed my web application following this document. However, when I
mount the application on something like (mount-point="/myApplicaiton")
everything works fine. But when I make it the default application and
mount it on ( mount-point="/"), I don't see the images on the pages.
css files are served properly, but not images !

The error I get when I try to browse to the image URL
is error 404. For example, http://localhost:8080/images/lines.png will
result in error 404 only when the application is mounted on "/".
If I mount the same application on "/myApplication" and access it with
http://localhost:8080/myApplication/images/lines.png it will work fine !

Is there any additional configuration I need to do to get the images to
display properly ?

Thank you in advance.