Here is a hypothetical problem to outline what I am looking for.

Let's say I am selling customizable jellybean gift baskets. At the time of
purchase, the customer chooses a gift basket and then decides how many
beans they want in it. Each bean, in turn, may be customized from a list of
various features. There are too many possible bean feature configurations
for each jelly bean to reasonably be represented as a predefined "feature"
of the gift basket. What's more, selling the basket and beans as separate
items runs into a problem if the customer is to purchase multiple baskets
in the same order. How do I keep track of what (and how many) beans got to
what basket?

I have been reading through various Ofbiz tutorials and documentation,
looking for a solution to this. Product configuration and featuring do
provide a partial solution but does not completely satisfy the question at
the end of my example.

Do I need to extend the entity model to allow for these kinds of
product-to-product associations? Or is their already something out there
that can address my issue?