Hi FooShyn,

there is no plan to deprecate the usage of FOP: several important documents
(like "order confirmation", "invoice" etc...) are currently implemented in FOP.

As a side note: nothing official at the moment, but the OFBiz community is
currently discussing the decision to separate Birt from the OFBiz codebase and
isolate it into an optional/separate component (together with the Birt reports
currently available).
However this will only affect the trunk and future releases (since or after
12.04).
The hope is that having a small but dedicated community to manage the Birt
component for OFBiz will help to keep the integration up to date; this is part
of a larger plan to create an ecosystem of OFBiz components (like Birt but
hopefully other reporting tools like JasperReports) that can be downloaded and
plugged into OFBiz.

Kind regards,

Jacopo