R09.04 has not the new way of handling VAT which was introduced in December 2010. I will consider using a more recent version if possible

Jacques

From: "Boris Hamanov" <bsh...@gmail.com>
Thanks Jacques, Robert!

I did my VAT authority this way:

   <!-- EU VAT Authority -->
   <TaxAuthority taxAuthGeoId="BGR" taxAuthPartyId="Company"
includeTaxInPrice="Y"/>
   <TaxAuthorityRateType taxAuthorityRateTypeId="VAT"
description="European VAT Tax"/>

   <TaxAuthorityRateProduct taxAuthGeoId="BGR"
       taxAuthPartyId="Company" taxAuthorityRateTypeId="VAT"
productStoreId="90000"
       productCategoryId="" titleTransferEnumId="" minItemPrice="0.00"
       minPurchase="0.00" taxShipping="Y" taxPercentage="20"
taxPromotions="Y"
       fromDate="2001-01-01 00:00:00.001" thruDate=""
       description="European VAT Tax for Bulgaria" />

and in my product store I set showPricesWithVatTax="Y"
vatTaxAuthGeoId="BGR" vatTaxAuthPartyId="Company"

This works fine, except that I am hitting strange issues with the cart:

When past the 2) How shall we ship it? to 3) How shall you pay? page the
cart suddenly begins to calculate VAT and it does that on top of the
product VAT price already calculated. So, in practise it adds the VAT two
times! The final order review, the order confirmation and the order create
emails work fine, but cart and the related mini and micro carts are broken.

The cart keeps that behavior until I remove the products from it. When I
add them again they are fine. Until I go past this point in checkout again.

Any idea why is this happening? I am running apache-ofbiz-09.04.01