On 7/20/2012 10:29 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
On 7/19/2012 3:45 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
You did not complelty answer my question :o)

I think it's pretty useful and pragmatic (did you see any API translated? ;o) to have the doc in schemas. Because of
auto-completion and inline doc with modern XML editors.

In my mind there is a difference between a language reference and a user guide (or developer's guide). A language reference simply describes the language's grammar. A user/developer guide tells you how to use the language to write programs. I put the Mini-language reference in the schema. The user/developer guide should be in the Wiki. The user/developer guide should point to the language reference. And yes, I have seen user/developer guides written in multiple languages.

I understand your point wich makes totally sense. Also I remember you said you will update the Mini-Language Guide, completing your
awesome effort.

I still plan to do that in a few weeks.

What I'm afraid of is the maintenance of the (beautiful) language reference page in wiki. I prefer no documentation, than an obsolete/wrong one. I don't say that specifically for this page. We have much to much examples in our wiki :/

That's why I thought that rather than expecting translation of this page, it would be better to rely on an automated process based
on the schema content. It's only a pragmatic concern.
On the other hand we should not expect much changes in the mini language now (the past shows this happens). So maybe we can forget it, and simply keep the idea to generate doc (automated process based on the - schema - content)

Jacques

Also for the transform, will you try to use it on the new one? It could be still useful when you get no connections.

I don't have the time to work on it. Sorry.

BTW I guess you put already most of the doc in the schema (not complete, I understand)?

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
I didn't know about that style sheet.

I know there was an effort to put all Mini-language documentation in the schema, but I'm not sure that is a good idea because it isn't i18n-friendly. If someone wanted a translation of the Mini-language reference then they could create another Wiki page for
it.

-Adrian