Carsten Schinzer wrote:
Gil,

go get some Linux basics for Server operations.

./sh will invoke a separate shell (runtime environment) for your ofbiz
instance
& will send it to background processing

Make sure, you have your logfiles under control before you start hiding
things from a console.
Basically you should keep
+ a running logfile that rolls over every day (or every x MBs), keep a
series of them --> see the log4.xml configuration for this one
+ a "session" logfile, typically this is available at
{OFBIZ_HOME}/runtim/logs/console.log

In order to read and follow these while your ofbiz instance runs, you will
need to familiarize with one of vi, cat, tail.

@Jacques: Looks like these are some "Run OFBiz in *ix environments Faq" do
we not have a basic cheat sheet in the wiki?

I guess you think about
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+run+OFBiz+as+a+Service

Jacques

Regards