I would recommend reading The Data Model Resource Book - the OFBiz data model is based on it.

-Adrian

On 1/3/2013 8:35 AM, t...@skynet.be wrote:
Dear All,

I have some code tables I want to add in my ofbiz installation.

 * Excise Products Categories
 * Excise Product
 * Cn Codes
 * Correspondences Cn Code - Excise Product1
 * Units Of Measure
 * Events Types
 * Evidence Types
 * History Refusal Reasons
 * Language Codes
 * Member States
 * Country Codes
 * Administrative Cooperation Actions
 * Administrative Cooperation Request Reasons
 * Packaging Codes
 * Reasons For Unsatisfactory Receipt Or Control Report
 * Reasons For Interruption
 * Transport Modes
 * Transport Units
 * Wine-Growing Zones
 * Wine Operation Codes
 * Reasons For Delayed Result
 * Cancellation Reasons
 * Alert Or Rejection Of E-Ad Reasons
 * Delay Explanations
 * Event Submitting Persons
 * Administrative Cooperation Action Not Possible Reasons
 * Common Request Rejection Reasons

Most of them have the same format : code  , description.

Normally there used to be 2 ways to implement this type of code tables

a) for each code a new table is created with the corresponding screen for maintenance on the table b) one code table is created and a field was added as 'descriptor' for the code. The maintenance screen used the descriptor to filter the correct codes

What would be the best way to implement these in Ofbiz ?

Kind regards

Tore