Agreed with Tore,

Reference to Winster's question-
Yes it store the image in the data base in BLOB format when
dataResourceTypeId=IMAGE_OBJECT is used,
for reference please have a look at following urls -

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/content/control/EditDataResource?dataResourceId=Winster_Jose

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/content/control/UploadImage?dataResourceId=Winster_Jose

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=ImageDataResource&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0

--