I don't think it a bug. It seems like you have setup product association both
ways i.e. from A (productId) to B (productIdTo) and from B (productId) to A
(productIdTo) which is causing the method to go in endless loop. The correct
way is to setup just one product association and the code will abort as soon as
the service getProductCost is invoked for product B.

Regards
Vikas