Hi David

I haven’t seen an automatic reversing journal transaction implemented in
OFBiz yet. (Are you thinking about accruals?)

The only thing I’ve seen is the ‘Revert Accounting Transaction’ option in
the accounting transactions screens that will fully reverse a transaction
but you need to run it manually. I’ve done some tests using the demo data
and it will reverse a transaction from a previous accounting period. I think
OFBiz has all the logic but it needs to put together and setup – so if you
have access to a developer then they could help you.

Example of the spec could be
•       When you enter an accounting transaction you’ll need some type of
indicator or flag that the transaction will auto reversing. You’ll also need
to specify the reversal date
•       You would save, verify and post the transaction as normal
•       You would need to setup a daily scheduled service that will search for
auto reversing accounting transactions (based on their flag and reversal
date) and then run the reversal logic for the ones it finds that are due.

The manual reversal doesn’t automatically post (which is good) as you many
want to check all reversing transactions before they posted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan