All,

The latest version 1.11 has been available for a couple of weeks.

Check out our dedicated site at http://bigfish.solveda.com.

A quick refresher on what BigFish is:

 * it does not compete with OFBiz in anyway, it's an add-on, focused on
   the business of eCommerce
 * in a nutshell I would describe BigFish as
     o a business extension, focused on providing business users (in
       our case that is our clients) with tools to build a scalable,
       feature-rich eCommerce online presence
     o as well as back-end tooling to allow business users to maintain
       all aspects of the eCommerce site such as content, products and
       configuration options
 * we have carefully tried to completely use the OFBiz data model and
   service layer
     o and have extended the data model only very slightly to
       accommodate specific eCommerce functionality
     o and re-used the service layer almost exclusively
     o so, for example, an Order placed via a BigFish eCommerce "front
       end" can be viewed, modified, fulfilled using all the great
       features of out-of-the-box OFBiz (always the ultimate test for
       us as we expose more back-end features into the BigFish Admin
       Module)

What's new:

 * now available for download via SVN
   (http://bigfish.solveda.com/bfDownload.html)
 * TXT messaging integration using clickatell.com
 * custom attributes for Customer Registration
     o many retailers need specific prompts during registration
     o for attributes such as "shoe size", "birth date", "wedding date"
       or "whatever" so they can personalize subsequent email campaigns
     o we built a "custom party attribute" solution to handle such
       requirements
 * search auto-complete and spell-check
     o go to our demo http://bigfish.solveda.com:8082/online/control/main
     o type "blouse" in the search box, see drop-down of suggestions
     o type "blose" in the search box, click search, spell-check will
       return for "blouse"
 * and for anyone interested in Indian implementations:
     o BlueDart shipping integration
     o EBS payment gateway integration
     o check out www.fashionmyday.com, one of our first Indian clients
       (beta release)
 * and many smaller fixes and enhancements for both eCommerce and the
   Admin Module

Questions and comments always welcome.

Nick