On 9/17/2013 10:52 AM, Skip wrote:
I have hundreds of custom services, one of which runs before a custom
inventory screen loads.  I noticed this screen taking a long time to load
and timed the service.  It was taking about 2 seconds longer to run.  It is
basically a database lookup for unshipped orders, outstanding backorders,
incoming inventory that needs packaged, etc.  Nothing at all extraordinary.
After timing it 10 times using System.currentMillsecs(), I noted it was
taking about 18% more time on the same dataset.  In this case, I actually
put a profiler on both of them trying to see something different in the call
trees (BTW, jProfiler is killer for this purpose).  Unfortunately, I do not
remember what was there except for a notably high amount of time in the
logging code called from the delegator code tree even though logging was set
to error and there were no errors.  Someday, I'll get back to exploring this
more.

A better analysis would be helpful. I checked GenericDelegator.java and there are very few logging calls outside exceptions or error conditions.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com