In  applications/order/entitydef/entitymodel.xml
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/applications/order/entitydef/entitymodel.xml>

the field /secondaryGeoId/ is marked as deprecated (along with
/primaryGeoId/), but in
specialpurpose/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/orderitems.ftl
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/specialpurpose/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/orderitems.ftl>

and  applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/orderitems.ftl
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/orderitems.ftl>

both are still used, while in
applications/accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/tax/TaxAuthorityServices.java
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/applications/accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/tax/TaxAuthorityServices.java>

the secondary Geo is mentioned twice in comments but not used.Now I wonder
where /secondaryGeoId/ is defined to allow its usage in
/orderitems.ftl/.Maybe this issue causes the bug that I notice in the final
listing on the /checkout review page/ in the ecommerce component, where the
line showing the tax for each item gets displayed (even when the tax is
0.00) or not displayed, depending on the postal address currently selected
by the customer.